Relationships are never always easy. It is normal to hit some bumps in the road or to even have long stretches where you and your partner have a hard time connecting. Couples who are lucky enough to seem to get along more often than not have probably discovered a little secret early on in their marriage. That secret is to show love and affection often. Doing small things often makes BIG differences.
Imagine stopping on the way home from work and grabbing dinner from their favorite restaurant or picking up their favorite dessert. They may have had a difficult day on the job, their patience may be running thin or you both simply seem to have lost your intimacy lately. If you were to walk in the door with something that you took the time to select just for them on the way home; you will have broken the tension in the air with love and consideration. This is a small yet powerful gesture that will change the mood and give your relationship the little boost that you need.
If you are feeling like roommates or ships passing in the night because of kids, commitments or work, figure out some small things you can do to make a powerful impact. Maybe you can put a note in his/her car or send a text throughout the day. Here are some text message ideas:
- I don’t know much but I do know I love you!
- I love you not because of anything you have, but because of something that I feel when I’m near you.
- I love you for you, but mostly I love your for what I am when I’m with you.
- For the rest of my life, I will count everyday with you well spent.
These are just suggestions but use your own voice and tone!
In order to change tedious or tired routines or to create intimacy, you have to put in some effort. Oh, text messages not your thing?
Here are some more ideas:
- Tape a note on the television that says, “Wouldn’t you rather turn me on?” instead.
- If they are enjoying a good book, remove the bookmark and replace it with a note that says, “I bet you’ll never guess where I’ve hidden your bookmark.”
- Be spontaneous and pick up their favorite dinner on the way home
- Give them the night off and say I’ll take care of everything
- Light a candle and turn on some music in the bedroom
- Offer to rub their back or feet
- Pack their lunch for the next day
Remember the SMALL things you used to do when you first got together that would make your heart flutter and put a twinkle in your eye? Do them again!
A few more ideas:
- When you’re together in public, riding in the car or just sitting together at home, hold their hands
- Put your arm around them
- Look over at them and blow a kiss
These simple, small acts can really go far when it comes to sparking a little romance in your marriage and connecting. They can break the monotony of a relationship or help your partner to feel appreciated and loved. You can expect to feel the same in return!
If this has helped you in anyway we share tips and resources straight to your inbox via our VIP email list. We have a gift for you when you join our VIP.
Interact with us daily inside our private Facebook Maximize Your Connection Community.
Thanks for reading, leave us a comment or note with your thoughts. Until next time, push the limits!