Although maintaining your own sense of individuality in your relationship is important, enjoying time you spend together is the glue that deepens your love and connection. Most people want to be around those they have fun with. Keeping the good feelings flowing strengthens the loving bonds you have and draws you closer.
Having a good laugh, sharing a new experience, and being spontaneous builds a relationship that’s enjoyable as well as enduring. Set a goal and connect continuously not just on special holidays to bring fun into your relationship. We have daily goals that we use to keep our relationship tight. You can read about those 5 things here.
Try these ideas to infuse more fun, love and connection in your relationship:
- Plan a day to play hooky together. Schedule a day to take off from work and other tasks. Re-discover the love and frolic in your relationship by spending the entire day alone together. Behave as if you don’t have anything else to do but spend time together.
- Do fun, silly things together. Take advantage of unique opportunities to enjoy some levity and good times. Dress up for Halloween as a couple. We did Ike and Tina one year (see below), that was fun! Host a themed dinner party when COVID is under control. Sharing silliness enhances the emotional intimacy so important to increase love and connection!
- Have a picnic. Pack food and beverages and take off to a nearby park. It doesn’t have to be an elaborate feast – just something simple for lunch that you can munch on while talking and savoring the wonders of nature. Having such picnics once a month or so as long as the weather permits will encourage you to share special feelings. You an even bring the picnic indoors if it’s too chilly outside and you live in the COLD midwest like us.
- Rediscover your playful side. Hold hands when you’re shopping or taking a walk. Share a joke at dinner. Laugh out loud. Who doesn’t feel drawn to a person that makes them laugh and laughs with them? Remember when you used to play games together when you first started dating? We’ve played simple board games such as Connect Four and the loser has to take a shot.
- Schedule a special dinner to discuss next year’s vacation. What a way to share special feelings of excitement and anticipation! If you’re planning a trip to Mexico, dine at a Mexican restaurant. Do everything you can to make your vacation planning talks special and pleasurable. You’ll feel even more drawn to one another as vacation time approaches.
- Avoid television one evening weekly. When you refrain from watching television just one evening a week, it can open up so many possibilities to bond and have fun. One of our favorite things to do when we have NO TV nights is to play a game of darts in his man cave. Use this time to discover things that your spouse enjoys.
- Play your favorite music and dance. Turn on your playlist and dance together. Most people find dancing to be one of the most physically intimate, fun activities to do together. You’ll definitely connect emotionally when you dance.
As you focus on taking pleasure in something your spouse enjoys, think about how you’re forging strong connections and truly listening to the love of your life. Ensuring you have fun together will deepen the love and connection in your relationship in more ways than you can imagine. Our Relationship Booster Bundle is only $14 until 2/28 and it will to take the guess work out of boosting your relationship! It also includes a bonus Relatioship Goals Workbook (valued at $14.97) for FREE!
Also, if you’re looking for other ideas checkout this article for a list of local Indy businesses that help will deepen your love and connection!
What things do you do together to deepen your love and connection?
Leave a comment to let us know.